
I asked him what he was doing and he told me that his socks were wet from walking on the carpet just in front of our water heater so he was afraid we had a leak. We got to searching and found out that we had a slow but VERY consistent leek coming from the TOP of our water heater and then was dripping down the back of the heater. Then to make matters worse, there is a hump of cement in front of the drain so pretty much about 5% of the water was actually making it into the drain. The other 95%.....all over! It was in the hall in front of the utility closet, back in our spare bedroom closet and then into half of that spare bedroom. Well I called my mom to see if we could borrow a wet vac.

We sucked up about 5 plus gallons of water out of our carpet and surrounding areas!

We had to pull up the carpet in the spare room, into the hall and almost out into the living room because there was no seam.
This is where the problem started. But all is good now!! We were able to get a Christmas present on Decemeber 1st so lucky us! Our new water heater works like a charm and we are so very glad that out of this whole thing, it wasn't any worse! (And Joe was able to learn how to install a new Water Heater!) Thanks Hun!
Um, sometimes owning a house is a pain. So so so sorry!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness I can't believe that. What a night I am sure that was. I am sorry to hear that. I am glad it is all fixed now.
ReplyDelete